Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the benefits of Strobe Media Playback, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
Strobe Media Playback is a quick and easy way to add video to your web…site while maintaining control over the video player SWF, even adding…custom functionality.…Now that we've put it into use in a sample web page, I would like to take a…step back and talk about its pros and cons to help you decide if it's the best…player for your needs.…The overall benefits of Strobe Media Playback are the same as with Flash Media Playback.…It's easy to configure just through the embed code.…You can customize the look with your own control bar skins.…It features standard playback functions, support for the latest player features,…and support for plug-ins that help you integrate with other services such as…advertising and content hosting.…
In addition to these benefits, with Strobe Media Playback you have more control…over the player SWF file.…You host it yourself, so you keep control over it…and you can customize your own version of the player if you like.…And if you're behind a Firewall, or want to run the player locally without…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 51m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland10h 37m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Ashley Kennedy11h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.