Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the benefits of Flash Media Playback, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
Flash Media Playback is by far the quickest and easiest way to add a…customizable video player to your web site.…Now that you've gotten a good look at it though, I would like to give you an…overview of its pros and cons, so you can be sure it's the best player for your needs.…There are a lot of benefits to using Flash Media Playback.…You can set up autoplay, autohide controls, add a preview frame, and set…control of our positioning without having to write any ActionScript code.…The setup page makes it easy to generate embed code with all of your settings,…so you don't even have to write that code from scratch.…
You can customize the look and feel of the player through simple color changes,…or even replace the interface elements with your own custom artwork.…Standard playback functions such as play, pause, stop, rewind, fast-forward, and…video navigation are all built in to Flash Media Playback.…And if you want to use the latest features, such as dynamic streaming or DVR…functionality--and any new ones, as they are added--they're built right in,…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.