Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the benefits of the FLVPlayback component, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
If you really have your heart set on getting your hands dirty in Flash…Professional but maybe don't want to jump right into the depths of ActionScript…coding, the FLVPlayback component is for you.…Now that we've had a good look at it in this chapter's exercises, I'd like to…take a step back and talk about its pros and cons to decide if it's really the…best solution for you.…First, I'll give you a few details about the FLVPlayback component that I…haven't mentioned yet. While you can drag and drop it as we did in our exercise,…you can also create configure and control FLVPlayback components strictly…through ActionScript.…
The FLVPlayback component can support both progressive delivery as we showed…in the exercises, or streaming via RTMP, and it supports live streams as well…as on-demand videos.…The FLVPlayback component has some unique features, such as dynamic cue points.…This means you can add cue points in ActionScript, or in the Properties…panel that are dynamic,…meaning they can be editable and not embedded in the player itself.…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 51m Appropriate for all
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland10h 37m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Ashley Kennedy11h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.