Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the Model-View-Controller pattern, part of Flash CS4 Professional: Object-Oriented Programming .
In this chapter, we are going to look at a design pattern called the Model…View Controller Pattern. The Model View Controller Pattern is a very popular…design pattern because it provides a very effective way to organize your code.…The Model class or classes hold and control the data in the application.…The View classes control what the user sees and Controller classes control the data…in the model and can change that data. Based on the current data of the Model,…the view updates.…
Let's look at how the Model View Controller Pattern works in an application.…So let's say a person is interacting with an application. So we will picture a…slideshow for this example. The person sees images on the screen and then…buttons to control those images. A person clicks a button which is linked to a…Controller class. The Controller class then updates the data in the model based…on the person's input. From there the model manipulates its data and then…dispatches an event announcing that his data has changed. After that, the view…
- Loading external text, images, and XML files
- Creating essential properties for a View class
- Defining a Model class
- Building and implementing interfaces and designs
- Debugging projects
- Building applications with Controller-class buttons
Skill Level Intermediate
1. ActionScript 3.0 Essentials
2. Advanced ActionScript Techniques
3. Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals
4. The Model View Controller Design Pattern
5. Building a Model Class
6. Building a View Class
7. Building a Controller Class
8. Improving and Debugging the Application
9. Moving Forward
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.