Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a testing server (Mac), part of Flash CS4 Professional: Building Search Engine Friendly Sites.
In order to run PHP code on your computer like we are going to do in this…chapter, you are going to need something called a testing server. …A testing server basically mimics a production server, which is like a server …that you see on the web.…Before we install that testing server, I want you to go to System Preferences…and then click on Sharing and make sure that Web Sharing is turned off, okay?…Go there and then I want you to open up your Web browser and go to mamp.info.…MAMP is a testing server that installs many very useful features with one quick…seamless install. That's why I like it and recommend it for this exercise.…
And then click the link to download MAMP, not MAMP PRO. MAMP PRO is a paid version…with additional features that we don't need for this exercise, then click the…link again to download MAMP.…Once it has finished downloading, you can open that file up and I have it done…already so I'm going to jump over to Finder and inside of my Downloads folder,…I'm going to open up MAMP_1.7.2. Going to read the License Agreement, make sure…
- Understanding search engines and SEO
- Adding deep links and bookmarking to Flash applications
- Optimizing HTML code in a web site
- Including searchable alternate content for browsers without the Flash Player
- Using SWFObject to help Flash SEO
- Setting up a testing server for Mac and Windows
- Monitoring SEO results
Skill Level Intermediate
Analyzing Your Website to Improve SEOwith Peter Kent1h 47m Intermediate
Flash: Best Practices for Banner Adswith Anastasia McCune3h 59m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SEO
2. Using HTML to Optimize a Site
3. Helping Flash SEO with SWFObject
4. Helping Flash with XML and PHP
5. Using SWFAddress with Flash
6. Working with Progressive Enhancement
7. Getting Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.