Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up local file permissions for Flash Player, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
When using the exercise files in this course, or when developing and testing your…own players, you may run into some issues with Flash security.…Flash Player does not like it when SWF files on your local hard drive try to…communicate with the Internet.…While this is generally a good safeguard to protect the personal data from being…transmitted without your consent,…it can really get in the way when you're building and testing…Flash applications.…The easiest way around this restriction is to set up an exception for the file…or files that you're testing.…This is done through this page, the Global Security Settings dialog box.…
To access this page, you'd just click on Settings in the AIR dialog when you receive it.…What we need to do here is add the location of our exercise files to this list…of trusted locations.…This will tell Flash Player that these files are okay and grant them access to…go out to the web to do things like load a video file from a remote server.…So let's go ahead and add our exercise files as trusted.…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 51m Appropriate for all
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland10h 37m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Ashley Kennedy11h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.