Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up Flash Professional CS5, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
In this course, we'll be exploring various methods for creating video players for Flash Player.…However, only in the chapter introducing the FLVPlayback component will you…actually need to open up Flash Professional.…Let's take a moment to go over a few basics that will get you ready for those exercises.…Here we are in Flash Professional CS5, also referred to as the Flash…authoring environment.…We're going to set up our palettes to easily access the tools we will need for…our upcoming exercises.…We'll always be working in ActionScript 3.0 in this course, so let's go ahead…and create a new ActionScript 3.0 document.…
We can do that easily by just clicking on ActionScript 3.0 here in the Welcome screen.…This gives us access to the workspace.…Unless you've already customized your own workspace, your panel arrangement…should be similar to what you see here,…unless you're on Windows and in that case, the components panel may not be visible here.…If it's not already showing there, it's very easy to get.…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.