Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Publishing with the FLVPlayback component, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
So far, in this chapter we've embedded our FLVPlayback video player swf into a…web page and tested it locally in a browser.…Now we're ready to publish all of the files to the web.…To do this, we'll need to upload four things: the HTML web page, the video file,…the FLVPlayback swf, and the player skin file--which is a swf that was created…automatically when we published our application in Flash Professional.…And if you've been following along with the exercises, by now you're probably…familiar with the HTML file, the video file, and the swf file But what about…this player skins swf?…Well, when you used the FLVPlayback component Flash loads in the controls--or the…skin--separately from the rest of the player.…
If you forget to upload the skin swf along with the other files, your video…player will have no controls.…So let's go ahead and upload these files to a web server and publish our page.…In this exercise, as in previous chapters, I assume that you have a hosted web…site and that you know how to upload files there.…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.