Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Loading external images, part of Flash CS4 Professional: Object-Oriented Programming .
Let's take a look at using ActionScript 3.0 to load external images into Flash.…I have an empty stage here and a layer called Actions. I'm going to select…first keyframe of the Actions layer and open up the Actions panel. Loading an…external image file, and when I say image I'm talking about a JPEG, PNG, GIF, or…SWF file, it's all the same process. It's pretty similar to loading a text file. …There is one key difference. I'll show you that real quick. …Create a variable called req. That's going to be a URLRequest and this is just like when…we made a request to the file when we loaded an external XML file or an external text file.…
We'll set that equal to a new URLRequest and my file that I'm going to load is…in the same folder as my FLA file and it's called images_01.jpg. So I'm going…to type that here. So of course if you don't have Exercise Files, you will need…some image inside of the same folder as your FLA file. It doesn't matter what…the image is called, it doesn't matter what file format it is, JPEG, GIF, PNG, SWF, …
- Loading external text, images, and XML files
- Creating essential properties for a View class
- Defining a Model class
- Building and implementing interfaces and designs
- Debugging projects
- Building applications with Controller-class buttons
Skill Level Intermediate
1. ActionScript 3.0 Essentials
2. Advanced ActionScript Techniques
3. Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals
4. The Model View Controller Design Pattern
5. Building a Model Class
6. Building a View Class
7. Building a Controller Class
8. Improving and Debugging the Application
9. Moving Forward
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.