Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Loading an external XML file, part of Flash CS4 Professional: Object-Oriented Programming .
In this movie, we will look at loading XML data from an external XML file.…In the same folder as my FLA file, I have a file called data.xml. I'm going to tab…over to TextEdit to show you what the XML file looks like. It's very simple.…It has an outer element called gallery, which is also called the root element.…Then it has repeating element called image. Each image has an attribute called file, …and an element called title.…Let's look at loading this data into Flash. I'll tab over to Flash. On the…stage I have a dynamic text field with an instance name of my_txt. I have…already written some code in the Actions panel here because loading an external…XML file is exactly the same as loading a text file.…
I am going to open up the Actions panel with the first keyframe on the Actions…layer selected and take look at the code I have here. I have a URLRequest to…the file data.xml, a URLLoader, adding the event listener to listen for the…complete event, loading the file, and I have an event handler function to…
- Loading external text, images, and XML files
- Creating essential properties for a View class
- Defining a Model class
- Building and implementing interfaces and designs
- Debugging projects
- Building applications with Controller-class buttons
Skill Level Intermediate
1. ActionScript 3.0 Essentials
2. Advanced ActionScript Techniques
3. Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals
4. The Model View Controller Design Pattern
5. Building a Model Class
6. Building a View Class
7. Building a Controller Class
8. Improving and Debugging the Application
9. Moving Forward
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.