Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting started with Strobe Media Playback, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
If you've gone through the Flash Media Playback exercises in this course, this…player may look very familiar to you.…While it does look identical to Flash Media Playback, it's actually Strobe Media Playback,…Adobe's open-source version of their pre-built media player.…In upcoming lessons in this chapter, I'll show you what Strobe Media Player…looks like, where to download it, how to configure it, and how to embed the…player into a web page.…What does it mean that Strobe Media Playback is open source?…Open source means that you have access to the Flash and ActionScript source files.…
You can edit the code and create your own customized Strobe Media Playback video player.…And you host the video player SWF file on your server rather than having…it hosted by Adobe.…Just like Flash Media Playback, Strobe Media Playback is configured through…variables you set in the embed code,…so you don't need any ActionScript to use it.…Also, like Flash Media Playback, Strobe Media Playback is based on the open…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.