Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting started with the FLVPlayback component, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
In this lesson, I'll introduce you to the FLVPlayback component, a pre-built…drag-and-drop element in Flash Professional that contains all of the logic…needed for video playback.…Before we had the open source media framework and its associated pre-built…players, Flash Media Playback and Strobe Media Playback, we had three choices for…building video players:…You could buy a third-party player,…you could build a player from scratch using the basic video object and some…ActionScript, or you could use the FLVPlayback component that ships with…Flash Professional.…
FLVPlayback is still a good choice for quickly integrating a video player with…other interactive elements in Flash.…The current version that shipped with the CS5 is FLVPlayback 2.5.…This version supports advanced streaming features and provides better overall…playback performance for streaming and progressive delivery.…In previous lessons, we explore the pre-built OSMF based players offered by…Adobe, and we were able to put them into a web page without having to open up…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.