Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting the best quality out of your video, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
Video encoding for web delivery in Flash can be tricky business.…In this lesson, I will give you some helpful tips and tricks to avoid common…encoding mistakes and achieve the best video playback possible.…As we have probably already experienced, getting a really good quality video and…getting it to play back well take some trial and error.…As discussed in previous lessons, the three main encoding settings are key-…frames, frame rate, and bit-rate.…Ultimately, your goal is to balance these three elements to achieve smooth…playback, reasonable file size, and a crisp image quality--…in short, perfection.…
However, since encoding is a process of compressing video and audio data, some…data must be thrown out.…In this diagram, you can see, at a glance, what happens when you throw out too much…data from any one of the three encoding elements.…If you keep a high bit-rate and high frame rate and throw out too much keyframe…data, you will get a big file with blurry transitions and motion.…If you keep that high bit-rate and a high number of data-heavy keyframes but…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 51m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland10h 37m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Ashley Kennedy11h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.