Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting the video player SWF file, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
Once we have our FLVPlayback component on the stage and configured, we're ready…to export a SWF file and generate HTML embed code.…We'll pick up where we left off in the last lesson with FLVPlayback.fla open…in Flash Professional.…Now in previous lessons, we tested our application right here in Flash…Professional, and this created a SWF file in the same directory as our FLA.…Now this generates the SWF files you need, so you could embed those into a web…page, upload to a web server, and you're good to go.…A better approach is to use the full published interface instead.…
Publishing not only gives you a SWF, but it writes the HTML embed code for you,…and you can customize advanced compile settings as well.…So let's publish this video player application.…To do so, we go to File > Publish Settings, and that opens up the Publish…Settings dialog box. And here we have three tabs:…Formats, Flash, and HTML.…So starting out with Formats, here you can check what formats you want to publish.…We only need Flash and HTML.…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 51m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland10h 37m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Ashley Kennedy11h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.