Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Emphasizing words, part of Flash CS4 Professional: Building Search Engine Friendly Sites.
You can give extra weight to particular words and phrases in your HTML files by…using strong and em tags. These tags can also emphasize your content to people.…For example, let's say we wanted to emphasize the word photography. That makes…sense for the search engines because photography is a keyword that we want…somebody to search for and see the Dorothy Brodsky's site show up in the…results. So, that's a good word to emphasize. That's a check why it makes sense…for search engines, now we want to see if it makes sense for people.…
So let's say this sentence was actually followed by something else. Let's say…we said, To contact Dorothy Brodsky, go here. Then this sentence came in, To…see Dorothy Brodsky's photography, visit dorothybrodsky.com. In that way, it…reads like it could be emphasized. That's not awkward for a person reading it.…That's what I'm judging this by. I want to make sure it makes sense to people…and search engines before I emphasize the word. So let's put emphasis on the word right now. …
- Understanding search engines and SEO
- Adding deep links and bookmarking to Flash applications
- Optimizing HTML code in a web site
- Including searchable alternate content for browsers without the Flash Player
- Using SWFObject to help Flash SEO
- Setting up a testing server for Mac and Windows
- Monitoring SEO results
Skill Level Intermediate
Analyzing Your Website to Improve SEOwith Peter Kent1h 47m Intermediate
Flash: Best Practices for Banner Adswith Anastasia McCune3h 59m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SEO
2. Using HTML to Optimize a Site
3. Helping Flash SEO with SWFObject
4. Helping Flash with XML and PHP
5. Using SWFAddress with Flash
6. Working with Progressive Enhancement
7. Getting Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.