Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Embedding navigation cue points, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this lesson, we'll go back to Adobe Media Encoder, and I'll show you how to…embed navigation cue points into a video file.…So let's go ahead and add cue points to our sample video.…We'll be using this video in the next exercise when we use the component Forward…and Back buttons to navigate to key scenes in the video.…So we're going to want a bake in, or embed, navigation cue points right into the video file.…So here we are back again in Adobe Media Encoder, and we'll add our sample…video to our queue, and just click Add, and then navigate to the video in our exercise files.…
Now, let's change the Output File name to something meaningful here.…We'll change it to ojai_ad_NavCP, and this will let us know at a glance that…this file has navigation cue points in it.…Now to add cue points, I'll need to modify the encoding preset.…I'll click on that here, and you'll notice that the default preset selected…right now is an F4V.…We'll need to change this to FLV instead, and the choice matters here, because…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.