Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Downloading Strobe Media Playback, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
In this lesson, we'll download the source code for Strobe Media Playback, and…I'll walk you through the contents of the download.…Let's begin by pointing our browser to http://osmf.org, the central hub for…open-source media framework information and downloads.…This is where we'll find a link to download the Strobe Media Playback source code.…Now there's no guarantee that this page looks exactly like this for you as this…project is constantly evolving, so just look for a link to downloads and then…for Strobe Media Playback.…Here we find it on the right-hand column, and I'll click on that, and we're now…taking to the code repository.…
We want the latest released version of Strobe Media Playback, which is currently 1.5.1.…It's likely that you have a newer version available here.…To get the latest, there will be a link at the top of the page.…I'll click on it and the download will begin.…It prompts us to save the file.…I will save it, and it will get saved into our Downloads folder.…And you'll want to copy this into your Exercises folder.…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 51m Appropriate for all
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland10h 37m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Ashley Kennedy11h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.