Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Cue point basics, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
Cue points are powerful, versatile little bits of data that enable all sorts…of rich video playback experiences, such as embedded, or on-the-fly, captioning,…coordinated slideshows, and video bookmarking or navigation.…Before we get into the hands-on part of this chapter, I'd like to take a step…back and give you a broader look at cue points in Flash.…In this lesson, I'll explain the different types of cue points, how they can be…created, and what data they contain.…Cue points are a special kind of metadata.…There are two main types:…Navigation and Event. And there's ActionScript cue points, that's a third type…which we'll talk about in a minute.…
Navigation cue points, as you might suspect, serve as chapter markers to help you…navigate through a video.…To allow viewers to jump to specific scenes or current highlights, you can add…navigation cue points at those spots in the video.…We'll do that in this chapter.…Let's take a look at that exercise.…So here it is in the browser.…I'll go ahead and play this video, and you'll see that I'll be able to navigate…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.