Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the SlideShowController class, part of Flash CS4 Professional: Object-Oriented Programming .
Now we are going to extend our Controller class in a class called…SlideshowController. This class should be in the mvc folder. So it can be part…of the mvc package, package mvc and some curly braces. Now I'll declare the…public class SlideshowController to extend Controller class. Again make sure…that your class name matches your file name and your constructor name. We will…define the constructor right now.…
Public function SlideshowController and there is the skeleton of our class. …We will import a few classes here that we were going to use. We're going to use…the DisplayObject class. So import flash.display.DisplayObject and then …we're going to import all of the event classes. So import flash.events.*.…Now remember that the Controller had a value passing to the constructor called…m and that was a model. So we are actually going to need to do that here. So…every time we create a sub class of the Controller, it's going to need to…receive this property. So it's going to receive m, which is the data type of…
- Loading external text, images, and XML files
- Creating essential properties for a View class
- Defining a Model class
- Building and implementing interfaces and designs
- Debugging projects
- Building applications with Controller-class buttons
Skill Level Intermediate
1. ActionScript 3.0 Essentials
2. Advanced ActionScript Techniques
3. Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals
4. The Model View Controller Design Pattern
5. Building a Model Class
6. Building a View Class
7. Building a Controller Class
8. Improving and Debugging the Application
9. Moving Forward
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.