Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting a video for playback in Flash, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
In this lesson, I'll explain how to convert or encode your raw videos so…Flash can play them,…and I'll give you an overview of the formats that Flash supports.…There are many utilities you can use to convert your raw video files…for playback in Flash.…These range from expensive encoding hardware and software such as Telestream…and Sorenson Squeeze, to online encoding services such as Encoding.com or VideoRX.com.…However, if you have Flash Professional, you already have fantastic,…full-featured encoding software installed.…
It's called Adobe Media Encoder.…This is the encoder that I use for all of my encoding and the one we'll be…using in this course.…Adobe Media Encoder can be found alongside Flash Professional CS5 where your…applications are stored on your hard drive.…On the Mac, this is my Applications directory.…In Windows, it's generally in Program Files.…If for some reason it's not here and you do have Flash Professional CS5…installed, it's possible that you chose not to install it.…You can go back and do so now from your original installation disks or disk image.…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 51m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland10h 37m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Ashley Kennedy11h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.