Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring Strobe Media Playback, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
Continuing our Strobe Media Playback project, in this lesson we are going to…customize the player interface and configure it to play back a sample video by…editing the embed code.…So, previously we downloaded the StrobeMediaPlayback zip file and expanded…the contents into a folder with our exercise files.…As I mentioned, most of those files are demos of advanced features of Strobe.…Having those working examples to build on can be a great help if you're…really diving into Strobe Player development, but it can be overwhelming when…just getting started,…so it might be a relief to know that we only need to use four of those files in this project:…StrobMediaPlayback.html, StrobeMediaplayback.swf, and two files in the lib…folder--ParsedQueryString.js and swfobject.js.…
Now, if you have downloaded a newer version of Strobe Media Playback that you'd…like to use for this exercise, you can of course use those newer files instead.…I do recommend that you copy them into your exercise folder, however, since we…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.