Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring the FLVPlayback component, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
In this lesson, we'll pick up where we left off in the last exercise and…finalize our FLVPlayback component settings.…We'll end up with a video player application that's ready to be published.…Okay, here we are in Flash Professional with FLVPlayback.fla open, and in this…exercise, we're going to use the full FLVPlayback component with its built-in…controls, so we can delete these individual components that we've been using.…Now we'll select the FLVPlayback component here on the stage.…In the Properties panel, we can customize our component, making sure that…Component Parameters is twirled open so we can get to all of these settings.…
So there are a lot of things here, but there are only four that we really need…to pay attention to for our purposes for this player:…autoPlay, scaleMode, skin, and source.…So setting autoPlay to true, or checking this box here, will of course cause our…video to start playing right away as soon as the video data loads.…Now if you've been following along with the exercises so far, you know how I…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.