Join Lisa Larson-Kelley for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding custom metadata to a video, part of Publishing Video with the Flash Platform.
In addition to the actual video and audio data, video files contain additional…information called metadata.…This metadata describes the file, its structure, and its contents.…In this lesson, I'll show you what metadata is automatically included.…Then we'll add some custom metadata during encoding. And finally, I'll give you some…tips on how you might want to use that data later in your playback applications.…Metadata contains simple information, such as the dimensions of the video, what…encoding settings were used to create it, and so on.…
It can also contain custom information that you can use to identify and catalog…the video, such as who created it, where it was shot, whose is in it, and…keywords that can help make the video content searchable.…The most straightforward use of metadata is to read the dimensions of the video…and resize a video player to accommodate those dimensions.…Most video players will do this, enabling a single standard-size video player,…for example, to automatically resize when a widescreen video is loaded.…
- Converting a video for Flash playback
- Using the Adobe Media Encoder
- Adding custom metadata to a video
- Building a custom player with the FLVPlayback component
- Embedding video in a web page
- Adding navigation cue points
- Publishing with Flash Media and Strobe Media Playback
- Uploading files to a web server
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 51m Appropriate for all
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland10h 37m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Ashley Kennedy11h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Video Delivery in Flash
2. Gathering Your Tools and Resources
3. Preparing Your Video
4. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Flash Media Playback
5. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with Strobe Media Playback
6. Publishing Video on Your Web Site with the FLVPlayback Component
7. Working with Cue Points in Flash Professional CS5
Where to learn more1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.