Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding alternate content, part of Flash CS4 Professional: Building Search Engine Friendly Sites.
You know, the truly amazing thing about SWFObject is that it provides such an easy way to add searchable,…alternate content for your Flash content…So in this movie we're going to look at how to add that alternate content.…It's actually ridiculously simple.…Before we look at that,…I want to just review what we have in this file.…We just have SWFObject,…just like we did it before,…and I added some styling to set the margin and padding for the body tag to zero.…
Again remember that I'm setting the width and height to 100% for the HTML,…body and our alternate content div…so that our percentages will render properly…in Firefox.…If you didn't see the movie on that I'd definitely recommend watching the movie about using SWFObject,…So scroll down to our altContent div.…So all you have to do is put HTML in here…and search engines and people who don't have Flash will see it.…So it's nice and easy. We'll just start out with an H1 tag.…
And I'll just write Dorothy Brodsky Photography,…and right below that I'll put a paragraph tag…
- Understanding search engines and SEO
- Adding deep links and bookmarking to Flash applications
- Optimizing HTML code in a web site
- Including searchable alternate content for browsers without the Flash Player
- Using SWFObject to help Flash SEO
- Setting up a testing server for Mac and Windows
- Monitoring SEO results
Skill Level Intermediate
Analyzing Your Website to Improve SEOwith Peter Kent1h 47m Intermediate
Flash: Best Practices for Banner Adswith Anastasia McCune3h 59m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SEO
2. Using HTML to Optimize a Site
3. Helping Flash SEO with SWFObject
4. Helping Flash with XML and PHP
5. Using SWFAddress with Flash
6. Working with Progressive Enhancement
7. Getting Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.