- View Offline
- Overlapping and animating colors
- Creating lens flares
- Animating hair with shape tweens
- Animating an explosion
- Animating smoke with particles
- Animating a scream
- Using Virtual Cam
- Lighting a 3D shot
- Animating cross dissolves
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Dermot O'Connor, and welcome to Flash Tips and Tricks. This course will focus on techniques that will be useful to the intermediate user, as well as the more experienced animator. You will see how to animate natural effects like smoke, water, and clouds. I'll show you how to add gradients in a controlled and subtle manner, to remove that flat, flashy look that so many cartoons have. You'll be able to use this technique to light your scenes, enabling you to take your work to a different level.
There is also a demonstration of the use of staggers, which will allow you to create some really effective shakes, tremor effects, and screams or extreme reactions. Another great trick to have up your sleeve is the creation of fake 3D space to give the impression of depth. Finally, we'll cover some simple fades and transition effects. These will be important if you want to create longer projects with custom cuts between your scenes.