Animation Tips and Tricks with Flash Professional
In this course, author Dermot O' Connor introduces a variety of real-world issues that animators commonly encounter and offers practical solutions to them in Flash. The course covers how to apply gradients to create subtle texture and light characters, reducing the flat look of most cartoons; how to simulate natural phenomenon such as wind, fire, and clouds; how to mimic 3D space; and how to add fades and transitions to create custom cuts between scenes. The course also includes a look at staggers, which can be used to create camera shake, tremor effects, and extreme character reactions.
- Overlapping and animating colors
- Creating lens flares
- Animating hair with shape tweens
- Animating an explosion
- Animating smoke with particles
- Animating a scream
- Using Virtual Cam
- Lighting a 3D shot
- Animating cross dissolves
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Dermot O'Connor, and welcome to Flash Tips and Tricks. This course will focus on techniques that will be useful to the intermediate user, as well as the more experienced animator. You will see how to animate natural effects like smoke, water, and clouds. I'll show you how to add gradients in a controlled and subtle manner, to remove that flat, flashy look that so many cartoons have. You'll be able to use this technique to light your scenes, enabling you to take your work to a different level.
There is also a demonstration of the use of staggers, which will allow you to create some really effective shakes, tremor effects, and screams or extreme reactions. Another great trick to have up your sleeve is the creation of fake 3D space to give the impression of depth. Finally, we'll cover some simple fades and transition effects. These will be important if you want to create longer projects with custom cuts between your scenes.
Maya 8.5 Character Rigging202,315 Views
Up and Running with Edmodo10,082 Views
Migrating from Final Cut Pro 7 to Avid Media Composer 5.5164,612 Views
Designing a Poster with Custom Brushes in Illustrator49,039 Views
Building a Responsive Single-Page Design with PostCSS37,399 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training630,358 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,789 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced391,623 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,626,905 Views