Flash Catalyst CS5 Essential Training
In Flash Catalyst CS5 Essential Training, author Mordy Golding demonstrates how to create and publish fully interactive Flash (SWF) micro sites, widgets, portfolios, and applications from static Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fireworks artwork—all without writing code. The course covers planning a project, importing and organizing assets, creating interactive components, defining repeating data lists, and publishing final projects. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Organizing a Flash Catalyst project with layers and pages
- Roundtrip editing with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Sharing artwork across pages and states
- Creating data lists for repeating elements in the Design-Time Data panel
- Defining conditional parameters for an interaction
- Integrating audio and video
- Triggering state changes with interactions
- Creating custom components
- Exporting to SWF or AIR
- Placing a SWF file into an HTML page on a web site
Hello! My name is Mordy Golding and welcome to Flash Catalyst CS5 Essential Training. Flash Catalyst is an exciting new application from Adobe that allows you to create and publish content using Flash technology without writing code. In this title, I'll show you how you can transform your existing artwork from Photoshop, Illustrator, or Fireworks, into fully interactive projects such as widgets, microsites, rich Internet applications, user interfaces and prototypes.
I'll teach you how to create components, the building blocks of any Flash Catalyst project, and how to easily define animation with smooth and graceful motion to get professional results. I'll take you step-by-step through the process of integrating rich media, like video and sound, and building common interface elements such as data lists, which are scrolling lists of repeating items. Along the way, I'll share valuable tips, insight, and advice from a designer's perspective on how you can get the most out of using Flash Catalyst.
Whether you're a user experience designer, a web designer, or even a print designer with no experience in interaction design, I can help you get started with building interactive projects without learning how to write a single line of ActionScript or computer code. So let's get started, because I can't wait to show you how easy it is with Flash Catalyst.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Flash Catalyst CS5 Essential Training .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: In Flash Catalyst, is it possible to control two sound sources being played at the same time? For example, the main audio will take priority, and the secondary audio will only be played at 20% (or any user defined percentage) of the main audio?
- A: In the 1.0 version of Flash Catalyst, this is not possible.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training590,974 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced376,037 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training999,394 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediate526,337 Views
Pages 5 Essential Training158,731 Views
Muse Essential Training1,405,772 Views
Numbers 3 Essential Training137,387 Views