Flash Catalyst CS5.5 Essential Training
Transform static artwork produced in Illustrator and Photoshop into interactive Flash-based microsites and applications, all without writing code. Author Mordy Golding covers building a functioning wireframe, importing and editing artwork, triggering state changes using interactions, and publishing a final project with Flash Catalyst. It also includes tutorials on integrating rich media into a site and designing data lists for repeating elements.
- Exploring new features in Flash Catalyst CS5.5
- Planning a project
- Roundtrip editing with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Understanding and skinning components
- Replacing one component with another
- Aligning and distributing artwork
- Creating conditional interactions
- Constructing resizable applications
- Incorporating audio and video
- Creating complex data lists
- Collaborating with developers using Flash Builder
Hello! My name is Mordy Golding, and welcome to Flash Catalyst CS5.5 Essential Training. In this title, I will show you how you can build functional interactive wireframes for Flex-based applications and transform your existing artwork from Photoshop, Illustrator, or Fireworks, into user interfaces and prototypes. I will show you how to create components, the building blocks of just about any Flash Catalyst project, and how to easily define animation with smooth and graceful motion to get professional results.
I will take you step by step through the process of integrating rich media, like video and sound, and building common interface elements, such as data lists, which are scrolling lists of repeating items. You will see how to create resizable applications that adjust themselves to fit various size screens, and you will see how to roundtrip files with a developer to add even more complex functionality. Whether you are a user experience designer, a web designer, or even a print designer with no experience in interaction design, I can help you get started without having to write a single line of ActionScript or computer code.
So let's get started with Flash Catalyst CS5.5 Essential Training. I can't wait to show you how easy it is.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Flash Catalyst CS5.5 Essential Training .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: I'm having trouble interacting with placeholders in Flash Catalyst CS5.5 on the Mac OS X Lion and have noticed other quirks in the software. Is there an update I can run for OS X or Flash Catalyst?
- A: Adobe has stated that there are compatibility issues between Mac OS X Lion and Flash Catalyst. Parts of the application do not work as expected and Adobe has not committed to fixing these issues at this time. Run the software update regularly in case there is a fix released.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training590,974 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced376,037 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training999,394 Views
Pages 5 Essential Training158,731 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediate526,337 Views
Numbers 3 Essential Training137,387 Views
MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applications176,233 Views