- Designing for mobile platforms
- Creating and optimizing game graphics
- Adding random movement and interactivity
- Moving players based on the accelerometer
- Using gestures
- Detecting collisions
- Implementing audio
- Adding scoring and levels
- Implementing a high score screen
- Publishing an app on both Mac and Windows
- Uploading to the Android Market
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Paul Trani, and welcome to Flash Professional CS5, Building a Simple Game for Android Devices. In this course, we're gonna be creating a cool mobile game, that's interactive, and fun, and fairly easy to create. This game will have all the functionality of a basic game, including shooting functionality, and collision detection. You'll be able to control the player by tilting the device, we'll keep track of the enemies you destroy, and show the results on a high score screen.
Now this is specifically for mobile devices, so I'm also gonna show you how to use some of those mobile features, such as gestures, and how to use the hardware keys to activate the sub menu. Finally, I'll show you how easy it is to put the game on the Android Market for the world to play. So let's start making a game with Flash Professional CS5, Building a Simple Game for Android Devices.
1. Introduction to Mobile
Understanding the user4m 2s
2. Mobile Game Setup
3. Basic Game Movement
4. Advanced Interactivity
6. Mobile-Specific Functionality
7. Optimizing for Mobile Devices
9. Uploading to the Android Market
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.