Creating a Portfolio Web Site Using Flash CS4 Professional
Flash and ActionScript are ideal for creating flexible, easily updatable web sites that are both unique in design and small in file size. In Creating a Portfolio Web Site Using Flash CS4 Professional, Adobe Certified Instructor Paul Trani shows how to exploit Flash to create a web site that showcases work to clients and prospective employers. Find out how to add dynamic navigation, animation, and video to a page, and how to load, sort and display XML that enables portfolio content to be updated without opening Flash. This course is designed to take your existing tweening skills and gotoAndPlay code and walk away with a fully functional Flash site. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Optimizing and publishing a Flash web site
- Designing a professional photo or video portfolio
- Adding button interactivity
- Adding functionality to portfolio thumbnails
- Displaying content with XML
- Adding audio to portfolio presentations
(Music playing) Hello! My name is Paul Trani and welcome to Creating a Portfolio Website with Flash CS4 Professional. Now, are you interested in creating a website to show off your work? Then this course is for you. I am going to be really walking you through all of the ins and outs of how to create a robust, flexible portfolio website in Flash from the ground up. I will show you how to incorporate good web design principles, how to create a user-friendly site, including dynamic navigation, eye-catching transitions, multiple content sections, sound to bring your site to life, and of course, I will show you how to display an unlimited number of images, complete with supporting text and links.
Or, what if you want to show off some of your video or film work? No problem, because you will also see how to create a video portfolio. I will even include some of my bonus sites that you can take and modify to your liking. Now, let's get started Creating a Portfolio Website in Flash CS4 Professional.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Creating a Portfolio Web Site Using Flash CS4 Professional .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: While following along with the course, I encountered the following error in Flash CS4:
1120: Access of undefined property content_mc.What is causing this error?
- A: Flash is looking for something (the content movieclip) with the instance name “content_mc” but it is not finding it. Select the content movieclip on the stage. In the Properties panel give it an instance name of “content_mc”. Make sure there are no spaces before or after. That should resolve the error.
- Q: What is the best strategy for integrating 720/60P HD video into a website? Would creating a blank page that opens in full HD resolution be the best way to view the full quality of the HD video file?
- A: A video file that large would just be unreasonable for most users to open. These settings are a good place to start: 600x400is
Bitrate level: 1,000kbps
Bitrate Encoding: VBR These are just recommendations, and can be modified to preference. Also keep in mind that in Flash, one of the buttons that can be added is a full screen button, which is part of the skins.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training590,974 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced376,037 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training999,394 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediate526,337 Views
Pages 5 Essential Training158,731 Views
Muse Essential Training1,405,772 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,533,490 Views