Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Wrapping functionality in new components, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
One of the characteristics of an application that's built in Flash Catalyst is…that all of the code is placed in a single MXML file typically, rather than being…segmented down into components.…So one of your tasks as a developer might be to take some of the behavior that's…been defined by the designer and put it into components.…I am working in a version of the application called Components which you can…import from Components.fxp in the 05_ Catalyst directory of the exercise files.…Let's take a look at the working applications so far.…
It's using real complex data that I previously put into the application.…That's brought in from an XML file.…When the user selects an item from drop- down list and clicks Find, this group is…sliding in from the bottom using a transition, but all of the presentation…currently is static.…I want to replace this text with some bindings.…But as soon as you start adding bindings, you will start making the application…so it won't work in Catalyst.…You want to take anything that's at all dynamic and put it into MXML components.…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Flash Builder 4.5
2. Using New Flash Builder Features
3. Using New Spark Components
4. Creating Mobile Flex Applications
Using the ActionBar3m 33s
5. Integrating with Flash Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.