Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Where to go from here, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
Thanks for sitting with me through this video series, Flash Builder 4.5 and…Flex 4.5 New Features.…In this series, I described many of these product's new features.…I showed you how to speed up your development with better code hinting and code completion.…And with new Quick Assist feature I demonstrated how to use the new Spark…version of the DataGrid and how to create custom item renders to manage its data display.…I gave a brief introduction to the new mobile application development…capabilities of the Flex 4.5 SDK and showed how to manage projects that you…might be sharing with a designer who's using Flash Catalyst CS5.5. Thanks again…for watching and listening!…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Is Flash Builder compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)?
Q: I'm using the most recent versions of Flash Builder and Flex. The projects provided in this course's exercise files don't run correctly. How do I get the code working?
A: The course's exercise files were built for the original release of Flash Builder and Flex 4.5. There are two potential issues: the version of the Flex SDK linked into each project and the version of Flash Player you have installed on your system.
For each project, follow these steps after importing it into Flash Builder:
- In the Package Explorer view, right-click on the project name and choose Properties.
- Click Flex Compiler.
- Change the Flex SDK Version to Use default SDK.
- Click OK.
- The project should now compile correctly.
- Open Windows Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac).
- Navigate to the Flash Player installation folder.
- Open the player subfolder.
- Open the subfolder for your operating system (Mac or Windows).
- Open the version subfolder.
- If running on Mac, open the DMG file and install the Flash Player application.
- If running on Windows, run the Flash Player installer executable for whichever browser you use for previewing Flex applications.