Reviews the dozens of new features added to the Flex 4 SDK and Flash Builder 4 toolset, explaining critical information for building rich internet applications.
- Hi, my name is David Gassner. And I'd like to welcome you to Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features. This version of the Flex development platform is the result of two years of work by Adobe Systems. And there are lots of great new features. Both in the Flex 4 software developer's kit and in the integrated development environment. The newly renamed Flash Builder 4, formerly known as Flex Builder. In this series, I'll show you how to create a new Flex Project in Flash Builder. And how to use Flash Builder's new code refactoring and code generation tools.
I'll show you how to create custom skins for the new spark component architecture. This course is designed for developer's who have some experience with earlier versions of Flex Builder and the Flex SDK. If you're new Flex application development, you might want to check out the introductory course: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training. Either way, I think you'll find that this new version of the Flex development platform, will make it easier than ever before to create and deploy dynamic, visually compelling, rich, internet applications.
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.