Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using value objects with PHP, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
One of the tasks we end up doing most often when creating Flex clients is…passing specific types of data back and forth.…For example, if we're viewing and editing some type of user in our…application in like a CRM or employee management tool, we pass this user…information back and forth a lot.…There is a pattern that makes this easier and more organized called the…value object pattern.…The idea is that we encapsulate all the data the end user can have into a…single object as a collection of properties and then whenever we get one of…these user objects, we know exactly what to expect.…
The beauty of using AMF translators is it will actually match PHP value objects…with the ActionScript value objects.…So let's take a look at how this works.…So I've opened up my end project 04-06, and it looks a lot like the other project we have.…But if you run it, you will notice selecting any of these packages will open up…a form where we can actually edit information from that package.…So if we want to put value objects on this, let's take a look at the form.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.