Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using server-side session data, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
Because of the stateless nature of the web, as PHP developers are very…well versed in using session variables to handle anything from authentication…data to shopping cart data, or any other personalized information.…When we are using Flex we don't need to worry about that.…Anything that's stored in the Flex client is by its very nature on the…client machine itself.…However, when you're working with Flex and PHP there might be times when you…want to use that session data from inside of Flex.…So we are going to talk about how we can get that data.…
So first of all, let's take a look at a service that I've created.…It's just a simple service.…It handles a session.…It sets a username and itemsInCart.…You can then call on this getSessionData, which accesses this session, and if…these variables are set, it returns these objects.…We can then use them inside of Flex.…So let's go ahead and create a new Flex project.…We are going to call it SessionData.…Default location is fine.…Make sure it's set to the Web application.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.