Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using namespaces in CSS style sheets, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
The Flex 4 SDK includes many new tools that will help you create the visual…presentation of your Flex Applications.…These include new syntax for Cascading Style Sheets that take into account the…new Namespaces in Flex Applications, new CSS advanced selectors, the use of…vector graphics that are declared with MXML tags and with FXP files, and the use…of custom skinning components for the new Spark-based components.…In this Chapter, I'll give you demonstrations of each of these new features.…
I'll use a set of applications that are included in a project, that are part…of the Exercise Files.…If you have access to the Exercise Files, you can import them now.…Choose File > Import Flex Project from the Flash Builder menu, browse to the…folder 06_Presentation, under the Exercise Files folder, and select and import…the file, Presentation.fxp.…Then go to the source code route folder, to the default package, and open the…Application file CSSNamespaces.mxml.…
The rules for declaring Cascading Style Sheets in Flex 4 are very much the same…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.