Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
If you're a Premium member of the lynda.com Online Training Library you have…access to the exercise files used throughout this title.…In the Exercise Files folder I've collected some assets for you to use during…our tour of the new features in Flash Builder 4.5 and the Flex 4.5 SDK.…In each of these folders you'll find a series of Flash Builder projects with a .fxp extension.…You can import these projects into Flash Builder.…And in the Solutions folder you'll find versions of the projects that have been completed.…
That is where I've already worked through all of the steps I show on video.…These projects are expanded so you can also import them into Flash Builder.…You need to know that these projects have the same names as the FXP versions and…you can only import one project of each name of the time.…If you want to import both, first import the FXP version, then rename that…project in Flash Builder with maybe a suffix of original, and then go to the…Solutions folder and import that version.…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Is Flash Builder compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)?
Q: I'm using the most recent versions of Flash Builder and Flex. The projects provided in this course's exercise files don't run correctly. How do I get the code working?
A: The course's exercise files were built for the original release of Flash Builder and Flex 4.5. There are two potential issues: the version of the Flex SDK linked into each project and the version of Flash Player you have installed on your system.
For each project, follow these steps after importing it into Flash Builder:
- In the Package Explorer view, right-click on the project name and choose Properties.
- Click Flex Compiler.
- Change the Flex SDK Version to Use default SDK.
- Click OK.
- The project should now compile correctly.
- Open Windows Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac).
- Navigate to the Flash Player installation folder.
- Open the player subfolder.
- Open the subfolder for your operating system (Mac or Windows).
- Open the version subfolder.
- If running on Mac, open the DMG file and install the Flash Player application.
- If running on Windows, run the Flash Player installer executable for whichever browser you use for previewing Flex applications.