Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applications.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
If you're a Premium member of the lynda.com Online Training Library, you have…access to all the exercise files for this course.…When you download and extract it, you'll see there are two folders: one is…called projects and the other is called solutions.…Inside each one is a number of Flash Builder projects that can be imported…directly into your Flash Builder.…I will show you how to do that.…If you're in Flash Builder, the first thing you might want to do is switch workspaces.…You can do that by going to File > Switch Workspace, and you may want to go to Other.…
If you create a new directory somewhere, you can set that directory to be…your new workspace.…When you click OK it will restart Flash Builder with a fresh workspace.…Notice now I don't have any projects--that's the advantage.…To add these projects, we go ahead and right-click and go to Import. Under the…General option, you have Existing Projects into Workspace.…You want to make sure to navigate to wherever the exercise files are located…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.