Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using data management, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
One of the handy features of the Flash Builder data tools is the ability to…add data management.…This allows changes to be stored on the client and saved to the database…only when user is ready.…You can also revert changes and automate some of the data synchronization.…We are going to implement data management on our Tours Value Object.…One thing to note is your service has to have a specific signature in order for this to work.…You have to have a createTours, a deleteTours, a getToursByID, and an updateTours.…Of course it doesn't have to be called that--with your data it may not be Tours--…but it needs to have a similar signature where some of these take IDs and some…of them value objects.…
You can find this information in help.adobe.com. There is a section on…enabling data management.…It will also tell you how the Commit and revertChanges and all that works.…So let's go ahead and manage our value object.…So I'm going to right-click on the ToursVO in the Data/Services tab and select…the Enable Data Management.…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.