Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using code completion for metadata tags and states, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
Flash Builder 4.5 has another new ability to help speed up your coding.…It allows you to use code completion now on metadata tags such as bindable and event.…I'll demonstrate this with a a Flash Builder project from the Exercise Files.…I'll import a Flash Builder project from the 02_flashbuilder folder…named MetaData.fxp.…I'll open the application and I'll show in the Problems view that there is a warning.…
In the warning it says "Data binding will not be able to detect assignments to a…variable called "CurrentTour"."…I'll double-click the warning and that will open the project's main application…file Main.mxml and take me to the location of the variable, a binding…referencing the variable CurrentTour.…Now to locate the actual problem I'll hold down the Command key on Mac or the…Ctrl key on Windows and click the variable CurrentTour, and that takes me to the…variable declaration.…
Notice that there is no Bindable metadata tag.…So I'll place the cursor above the variable declaration and then type in an…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Is Flash Builder compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)?
Q: I'm using the most recent versions of Flash Builder and Flex. The projects provided in this course's exercise files don't run correctly. How do I get the code working?
A: The course's exercise files were built for the original release of Flash Builder and Flex 4.5. There are two potential issues: the version of the Flex SDK linked into each project and the version of Flash Player you have installed on your system.
For each project, follow these steps after importing it into Flash Builder:
- In the Package Explorer view, right-click on the project name and choose Properties.
- Click Flex Compiler.
- Change the Flex SDK Version to Use default SDK.
- Click OK.
- The project should now compile correctly.
- Open Windows Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac).
- Navigate to the Flash Player installation folder.
- Open the player subfolder.
- Open the subfolder for your operating system (Mac or Windows).
- Open the version subfolder.
- If running on Mac, open the DMG file and install the Flash Player application.
- If running on Windows, run the Flash Player installer executable for whichever browser you use for previewing Flex applications.