Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Spark text controls, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
The Flex 4 SDK includes five new text controls that are designed to render text…using Flash Player 10's Flash Text Engine, or FTE, and Text Layout Framework, or TLF.…The five controls are the Label, RichText, RichEditableText, TextInput,…and TextArea controls.…The last three controls can accept data entry, while the first two are display only,…but they all support some aspect of the Text Layout Framework.…I will demonstrate the basic usage of these controls in the application…SpartTextControls.mxml.…
This application has a panel Container placed in the center.…I'll look at the application in the Browser and show that the panel has been set…up to float in the center of the application.…I'll then go back to Flash Builder and look at it in Design mode.…Now I am going to move down to the Components View, in the lower left corner,…and I will scroll down until I find the Label Control.…And I will drag-and-drop a Label Control and place it inside the panel.…Then I'll locate a RichText Control, and drop that in, a RichEditableText, a…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.