Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Spark formatters, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
In a previous video I described how to create custom item renderer for the new…Spark version of the DataGrid and I described a simple way of formatting a…price value by pre-pending a dollar sign.…But there's a better way using the new Spark version of the CurrencyFormatter component.…All of the formatter components have been rebuilt in the Flex 4.5 SDK to match…the Spark architecture.…I'm working in a new version of the project named formatters, which you can…import from the 03_Spark folder of the exercise files.…
In this version of the GridItemRenderer I'm going to remove the dollar sign…from the price and then after the layout, I'll create a new Declarations…section and within the declarations I'll create an instance of the CurrencyFormatter class.…I'll give it an id of formatter and then in the binding expression for the price…value I'll wrap that value inside the format function.…In this aspect the use of the new Spark formatters is the same as the old MX versions.…
So I'll refer to formatter.format and I'll wrap data.price in that value.…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Flash Builder 4.5
2. Using New Flash Builder Features
3. Using New Spark Components
4. Creating Mobile Flex Applications
Using the ActionBar3m 33s
5. Integrating with Flash Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.