Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Spark components in MX navigator containers, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
In the Flex 4 SDK, the ViewStack component and its related navigation…containers, the Tab Navigator and the Accordion, are still used.…There are no Spark versions of these navigator containers at this point in the…evolution of the Flex SDK, and this presents a little bit of a complication.…The ViewStack container is designed to contain objects that implement an…interface that is not implemented by Spark container, such as Group, Border…container, panel and so on.…If you want to present Spark-based containers inside a ViewStack, or Tab…Navigator, or Accordion, you have to wrap them in a special container…called NavigatorContent.…
I'll show you how to do this in this demonstration, using the…application ViewStackdemo.mxml.…In the application's current state, it presents instances of three custom components.…The first, displayed at the top, is a home string.…The second is a component that implements view states to present the details…of particular products, and finally, the third item is a login form presented at the bottom.…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.