Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Spark DataGrid, part of Flash Builder 4.5 and Flex 4.5 New Features.
The Flex 4.5 SDK includes many new components that have been rewritten in the…Spark component architecture.…One of the most popular of these components is the DataGrid.…I will demonstrate this using a Flash Builder project from the exercise files.…I'll import the project from the folder 03-spark and the name of the file…is SparkDataGrid.fxp.…After importing the project, I'll open up the main application file from the…default package of the source folder.…
The name of the file is Main.mxml.…Then I'll run the application in the browser.…Notice in this version of the application the Find button is there, but…disabled and there is no drop- down list displaying the tour data.…Instead I'll use a Spark DataGrid for that.…I'll close the browser and return to the application and I'll look at it in Design view.…Then to create my DataGrid, I'll scroll down into Components view in the lower…left looking in the Controls list and I'll locate the DataGrid and…drag-and-drop an instance of the DataGrid into the application, laying it on…
Recommended prerequisite: Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 Essential Training.
- Coding with Quick Assist
- Using code completion on metadata tags and states
- Using new Design mode configuration and view capabilities
- Using the Spark versions of the DataGrid, Form, and Image components
- Creating a Flex project for Android applications
- Handling navigation in a view-based mobile application
- Using the Flash Catalyst CS5.5/Flash Builder 4.5 workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Flash Builder 4.5
2. Using New Flash Builder Features
3. Using New Spark Components
4. Creating Mobile Flex Applications
Using the ActionBar3m 33s
5. Integrating with Flash Catalyst
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.