Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using RemoteObject and handling service events, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
If you want to do something with the results that get returned from a service,…or if you want to handle faults like a lost Internet connection or malformed XML…returns, we can use the events of RemoteObject to do this.…Specifically in this unit, we're going to look at the ResultEvent and the FaultEvent.…We're going create our RemoteObject in ActionScript this time.…So instead of just using the RemoteObject tag, we're actually going to…create it in script.…So we're going to create a new service to essentially replace this service, but…we're going to use the same basic information.…
So go ahead and erase the service call from the creationComplete and if you…hit Ctrl+Space, it should give you the option to generate a creationComplete handler.…Then above that function, you want to create an instance of the RemoteObject,…so we're going to call it packageService, because we're going to erase our…MXML version and replace it with our new ActionScript version, and we'll…specify RemoteObject.…Notice that there's two different objects;…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.