Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Group containers, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
The Group container is one of the most important new components in the Flex 4 SDK.…It's typically used as a nonvisual layout container to organize the visual…positioning of objects nested within it.…It's similar in functionality, in some ways, to the Flex 3 Box containers:…Box, HBox, and Vbox.…And in fact, like the Flex 3 Box container, there are convenience subclasses of…group called VGroup and HGroup.…But the Group container, like the Application container, supports the new…layout architecture;…that is, you can set its layout property to an instance of any complex layout…class, such as VerticalLayout, HorizontalLayout, or TileLayout.…
I'll show you how to use the Group container in this application,…GroupContainers.mxml.…I have created six TextInput controls in the application.…Notice the application does not have any layout setting of its own, and the…TextInput controls don't have X or Y properties, or any constraint properties.…The result is that all six TextInput controls are being placed in the top-left…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
Flex 4.5 and PHP: Creating Data-Driven Applicationswith Drew Falkman3h 36m Intermediate
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.