Join Drew Falkman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Flash Builder to generate PHP services, part of Creating Data-Driven Applications with Flex 4.5 and PHP.
Flash Builder for PHP can help you create some PHP services from a database…table by using a simple wizard.…This can be extremely helpful in prototyping PHP and Flex applications.…Keep in mind, these services are not really meant for production use.…The primary reason is that they offer no form of authentication.…It is, however, possible to modify these services to be more production ready,…and I will talk about that a little at the end of the movie.…The first thing I want to do is go into our of web directory and in our…services, we already have a service called ToursService.php.…
This is generated by Flash Builder, and I wanted to include it in case you…happen to skip this particular lesson. But for now, let's go ahead and change…it to _TourService.php.…Now let's go back into Flash Builder and open the project California Admin 05-06.…Then we're going to go up into the Data menu and we are going to choose…Connect to PHP (Runtime).…Now notice it gives us the option,…you can select a PHP class and go ahead and generate your classes that way, or…
- Understanding session management
- Accessing RESTful services
- Customizing service calls by passing parameters
- Handling raw XML and JSON data
- Exposing a PHP class as a Flex service
- Generating PHP services with Flash Builder
- Debugging in Flash Builder and Zend Studio
- Exchanging data from PHP to Flex and back
- Building a Master-Detail page
- Implementing pagination
- Creating a synchronized database in AIR
- Using server-side session data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. About Flex Data Services and PHP
Why Flex and PHP?2m 44s
2. Installation and Setup
3. Flex Service Basics and HTTPService
4. Using AMF for Remote Service Calls
5. Introduction to Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
6. Using Flash Builder for PHP Tools
7. Advanced Topics: AIR, Channels, and More
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.