Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using FXG files as graphical classes, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
When the Creative Suite 4 products were released by Adobe Systems, many of them…included an ability to export and import files in a new format called FXG.…FXG stands for Flash XML Graphics, and it's an XML-based markup language…that's designed to facilitate exchange of graphics between different software applications.…You can create FXG files using Fireworks, Photoshop and Illustrator, and…specifically with Illustrator and Fireworks, you can render complete Vector…Graphics as FXG files.…
The Flex 4 SDK has the ability to work with these FXG files in a number of different ways.…I'm going to start this demonstration by opening an Adobe Illustrator file and…then exporting it as FXG, and then I'll show you one way to use the FXG file in…the Flex 4 application.…If you don't have access to Fireworks or Illustrator but you do have access to…the Exercise Files for this video series, you'll be able to use a pre-built FXG…file that I'll provide.…I will start in Fireworks CS4 by choosing File > Open and then navigating to the…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.