Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using CSS descendant selectors, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
The Flex 4 SDK adds some new tools to the implementation of Cascading Style Sheets.…One of those valuable tools is called descendant selectors.…Descendant selectors have been available in Web browsers for a long time.…A descendant selector is a description of a containership architecture where you…apply styles to a component only when it's nested within another component.…Let's take a look at these two controls:…a Label and a Button.…When you apply styles to the Label control, they're applied to all labels, and…if you take a look at the custom skin that's declared for a Button, you'll see…that the label control is used to present the label on the button.…
You can see this easily by going to the Button tag, right-clicking it and…choosing Open Skin Declaration.…This will take you to the custom skin that determines the appearance of the button.…If you then scroll down to the bottom of the code, you'll see a Label with an ID…of the Label display.…It has a number of Properties and Styles that determine its positioning and…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
ActionScript 3.0 in Flex Builder 2.0 Essential Trainingwith Joey Lott12h 46m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.