Join David Gassner for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the BorderContainer component, part of Flash Builder 4 and Flex 4 New Features.
When you want to lay out objects on the screen without any visual…presentation in the container itself, the group containers are the lightest…weight approach available.…You can also go to the other side of the spectrum and use skinnable containers…that allow you to create your own custom skins, but right centered in the middle…is a situation where all you want is some borders and backgrounds.…And to create a custom skin seems like too much of a programming task, and so to…fill this gap, the Flex 4 SDK includes a container called the Border Container.…
The Border Container is like a group.…It implements the layout property that can be set to an instance of the vertical…layout, horizontal or tiled layout objects, but it also implements the standard…border and background styles that we are accustomed to from Flex 3.…I will demonstrate the use of a Border Container in this application,…BorderContainerDemo.mxml.…In this application, I have an image control that's embedding a SWF file.…The SWF file is placed ten pixels from the top and ten pixels from the left…
- Understanding MXML namespaces
- Moving classes and components between packages
- Managing templates for new MXML and ActionScript files
- Exploring MXML language changes
- Working with the Spark component framework
- Adding visual controls with CSS, MXML graphics, and custom Spark skins
- Displaying images and dynamic data
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Using the New Flash Builder Features
3. Using the New MXML Language Features
4. Using Spark Components
5. Managing View States and Navigation
6. Controlling Visual Presentation
7. Working with Dynamic Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.